1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

K&K Bass Master Pro - HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Mr.Phil, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    About a week ago, I started having a problem with my K&K Bass Master Pro... For some reason, I'm getting no volume out of the quad pick up. The wing pick up worked fine so I figured it was a battery problem, I switched it and had no luck. Next I tried tweaking the trim pots, no change. I've tried several different stereo cables and still no luck. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Ideas how to fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Mr.Phil,

I am not one for taking things apart and trying to fix them (sorry) ...

So the only time I ever had a problem with my K&K gear, I sent it back to Dieter (?) at K&K after speaking to someone there on the phone first (perhaps his wife?).

In my case it turned out to be a bad 9V battery cable, but they sent the repaired equipment back to me free of charge, no questions asked. And it was a couple years old, so if there is (or was) a one-year warranty, it had expired. They fixed it anyway for me. I only had to pay shipping to them. I was very satisfied with the way they handled everything.

P.S. If you bought your unit from Bob Gollihur, I would recommend giving him a call or sending him an email. As you probably know he is very knowledgable about all the K&K equipment (and much more!), and in my experience he has always provided what I consider an outstanding level of customer service.

Good luck!

3. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for the advice. I will contact Mr. Gollihur, hopefully it'll be a simple fix, one that doesn't involve me sending it anywhere. Thanks again!