1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

K&R Groove Comp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I am resurrecting this incredibly old thread only to say that I just won one of these on Yahoo Japan! Looking forward to checking it out in person. The site referenced above has some sound clips for those interested.

http://kandr.biz/product/pro/groovecomp.html

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Neat! I'll be surprised if it's anything more than another Ross/Dynacomp variation, but if I'm wrong then that's awesome. Keep us posted about it.

After all, who could resist it when their site says (according to Google Translate):
    "If you are planning to use based on your reference, please make yourself come."

3. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    If a pedal can do that it must be a keeper!

Yeah, the controls are pretty straightforward and the PDF manual had some suggestions for settings. I'll certainly post an update when I get it.

4. That is by far the best broken English win I've ever encountered. :D

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I also enjoyed one word Google wasn't able to translate: "rongusasutin". In Japanese, as with many other languages, if there's an English word with no direct translation then they just make a "local version" of the English word. It took me a minute to figure out, but "rongusasutin" is... "long sustain". :p

6. Yes to l-substitution anagrams. Now, where are the parindromes? :ninja: