Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

K&R Groove Comp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I am resurrecting this incredibly old thread only to say that I just won one of these on Yahoo Japan! Looking forward to checking it out in person. The site referenced above has some sound clips for those interested.

http://kandr.biz/product/pro/groovecomp.html

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Neat! I'll be surprised if it's anything more than another Ross/Dynacomp variation, but if I'm wrong then that's awesome. Keep us posted about it.

After all, who could resist it when their site says (according to Google Translate):
    "If you are planning to use based on your reference, please make yourself come."

3. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    If a pedal can do that it must be a keeper!

Yeah, the controls are pretty straightforward and the PDF manual had some suggestions for settings. I'll certainly post an update when I get it.

4. That is by far the best broken English win I've ever encountered. :D

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I also enjoyed one word Google wasn't able to translate: "rongusasutin". In Japanese, as with many other languages, if there's an English word with no direct translation then they just make a "local version" of the English word. It took me a minute to figure out, but "rongusasutin" is... "long sustain". :p

6. Yes to l-substitution anagrams. Now, where are the parindromes? :ninja: