Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kahler, or well any other trems??!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by troll, Nov 5, 2000.

1. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    this may be a stupid question, as ive noticed others searching in vain but:

where the heck can one find a kahler trem? or does anyone else make any?

ive been kicking around the idea of building a mutant jazz outta some warmoth and/or musikraft parts and some Fralin pickups, but a trem would be a great addition to it. HELP! :)

2. here is a link for you:
    members.home.com/porkproducts/home.html they are in canada
    they have a trem exactly like the kahler
    good luck getting a reply back from them, i have sent 5 emails with no reply, and their web page doesn't have a phone number at this point. if you do make a bass with a trem make sure it is not your only bass i have a aria pro II zzb with a trem its good for about 3 whammy dives before it goes out about a whole step, i have tried various strings and they all go out, it does sound very cool, especialy bent harmonics

3. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    ill check out that url, thanks...

and well no, it wouldnt be my only bass, i currently own 4 and have 3 more in mind to replace them for my full time high end axes. so this is more an experiment in ideas, looks, feel, and woods. and of course a trem. that has always been my concern was staying in tune, ive played with guitars without locking trems for years and find them always going out of tune, while not a locking/floating trem for bass? hmm i dunno. it seems claypool doesnt have much trouble keeping his CT in tune. i can recall a song on the sausage disc where he bends, dives and trems his way through an intricate riff during the whole song and seems to stay in tune the whole time? some secret in Mr. Thompsons design? magical voodoo beans inside the neck? hmm who knows. thanks for the info though. i greatly appreciate it.

4. well les always rides the fine line of out of tune-ness
    these people at the link i sent claim to make the trems for les and vic wooten, i talk to a guitar friend about it yesterday and he said i might try real light strings, he said lighter strings stayed in tune longer on his guitar
    good luck