1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kahler Tremelo on a Spector

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 1973ric4001, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 1973ric4001

1973ric4001

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey all,
    I have been wanting to put a trem on my spector for a while. I was thinking about goin with a kahler. However, i was wondering if i would be able to pull up on the bar as well as pushing down on it kinda like a floyd rose on a guitar. The bass that im planning on installing it is my "seccond child" a custom Spector Q4 that i had signed by marcus miller, vic and reggie wooten. as you can see, it holds somewhat of a sentimental value to me, so i was wondering what you guys think i should do: would it ruin the bass?
    thanks

2. Yes.

3. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Dave LaRue loves you.

4. 1973ric4001

1973ric4001

Apr 27, 2005
    yes it would ruin it?
    Why does dave LaRue love me?

5. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    You can pull up on the bar, but don't expect to get too much bend out of it.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dave LaRue loves you because all his Spectors had Kahler Whammies on them back when he played Spectors. And yes, they pull up, but don't expect to go an octave up. The best I can do on mine is about 3 half steps.

7. 1973ric4001

1973ric4001

Apr 27, 2005
    sick. thats all i expected anyways.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021