1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Kala U-Bass, Mahogany, first production run!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a big deal for me. I don't gig it much anymore, and I'm selling everything to buy "the one." This was going to be a lifer but I'm ditching everything for a Dingwall or two.

This is literally the last one for the first production run. I found it in Owen Holt's shop in California in February 2012, and for weeks thereafter NO retailer had any stock. This was before the on board preamp (yuck), the goofy blue internal sticker, or the QC problems that plagued the later runs.

I got this to use on a steady gig I had that year that would have been a doubling gig but I had very little room and didn't want to switch every tune. It killed it. At the time, there were no good YouTube videos of people playing well or getting a good tone. I started taking gig video and posting for that reason and this very bass sold dozens of Ubasses. My YouTube channel is WatsonTBass. Please look at the videos.

I have played other Ubasses and this one really does take the cake. There is nothing cosmetically wrong with it other than a few little scratches in the A string tuner, and it is functionally perfect. The case is known great condition.

I will re-string before shipping. Thesee are the original strings, and they are settled in well and very warm. I'll incluse a new unopened set of paehoehoe stringso in the well made and great condition gig bag.

I installed a strap button on the heel. A nylon strap fits nice and tight, if you don't remove it and wear out the holes. I'll leave that on. Standing, your right arm rests nice and naturally on the bout and keeps the instrument at a nice 45 degree angle.

$395 takes it shipped. I may pull it because this instrument has special meaning for me. Please PM me for questions. 20160316_162231. 20160316_162300. 20160316_162245. 20160316_162336. 20160316_162317.

2. RHA III

RHA III

Jul 22, 2012
    OR
    An old sax player asked me who my influences are a while back, and I said, been listening to this guy named Tim Watts.

He was like who???

Your videos are great! Influenced me to stop trying to play like victor wooten, and focus on playing what is appropriate. Gotta learn to be a working player before you get to be a superstar! I hope you don't take that the wrong way, your technique is very good...

3. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Awww thanks bro. That's humbling. If you're digging on me, you are digging on Ray Brown, Jamerson, Rocco, Chambers, etc.... we all have a long way to go.

4. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sale pending