Kala Ubass Quality

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeffbassos, Jan 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hey Y’all,

Would anyone share their experience with the Kala Ubass? I went to try one at Sam Ash, and I was super displeased. Also didn’t realize they were Chinese-made. I tried the spalted maple one ($299) and the mahogany one ($370). There were electronics issues, fret issues, and general hardware issues, though that could have just been a symptom of playing the floor models. I really just want one to have something to noodle around with while sitting on the couch, something a little louder than an unplugged electric bass.
    First post on TB, thanks in advance!

2. Almost all are Chinese made except the American made ones from Kala, which are above $600. The Chinese ones from around $450 to $600 are usually very good as well. You can find some good ones for less but be selective. Try to stay with ones that have neck truss rod adjustment.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022