1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kali Audio Studio Monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by JKos, Nov 2, 2018.

1. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Hello,
    Does anyone on TalkBass have Kali Audio LP-6 studio monitors (Lone Pine Detail )? They are a new company to the monitor game but headed by ex-JBL engineers. Reviews thus far are through the roof for monitors at the $150/each price point.

I was just curious to hear thoughts from any TB members that have them.

Thanks,
    John

P.S. I searched on "Kali Audio" with zero results; so, hopefully, I'm not recreating a thread.

Rickter likes this.
  2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

new to me, but: they look super and are described as such. i'm sure they are at least competent, and maybe even better! my last pair of smaller reference monitors were powered yamaha's. they were pretty good, but these are described as superior. thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

3. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I'm looking into the Kali LP6's as well. Everything I have read indicates that they are a great value and give good representation. Was watching a comparison the other day between the LP6's and the JBL counterparts. Could hear a smoother midrange and top end as well as fuller low end from the Kali's where the JBLs seemed to have a bit of a mid scoop and much brighter high end with less low end extension.

I'd love to know if anyone else has real world experience with these. May be with a bit of luck, after the holidays, I'll be able to report back with that real world experience of my own.

4. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    Well if Warren Huart thinks they are great, then they are great to me....

5. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    For a small startup studio they will be fine.