1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kansas City Metro area-really this bad?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Demon_Hunter, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
  2. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    Anyone?

3. It's the internet. I love where I live, but if I look up reviews on it, some of the folks commenting make it sound like it's the worst place on the planet...

4. I'm looking to get out. P&L is lame. There is no way around it. It's a manufactured hang out spot that is over priced and full of ass holes. The American Jazz Museum is amazing, but no one I know has ever been there. It should be like going to Sun Studios, but it's just not. KC does not, has not, and will not care about the Jazz Museum / 18th and Vine district enough.

KC School Districts have lost their accreditation. That means if you graduate from KCMO High Schools, you can't go to college. This is a problem that no one seems to care enough about. Not to mention that the KCMO school district isn't run by a local school board, but by the state. It's complicated, and a huge mess. If you can't have decent schools in your major metro area, you're in deep ****, because you lose your tax base because everyone moves out when they have kids. I'd love to live closer to my work (downtown) but I'm not sending the kids into that hell hole of a school district.

KCMO is violent. We've had nearly 70 murders this year so far, which is a lot per capita.

The good news is that we have a few great museums. The Nelson is beautiful and the Kemper is regularly great. There are tons of awesome dive bars / places to eat / etc here. The music and art scene is bustling, with our First Friday art walk being a big deal across the country.

The problem: we have cool extraneous things, but our basics (school, transportation, taxation, etc) are completely screwed.

5. Also, I can't get that link to work at all...

:edit: it just worked for me...