1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kanye West + Meshell Ndegeochello

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 1, 2006.

1. is Meshell currently touring with kanye?....my mate just msg'd me saying he's going to see kanye tomoro and said meshell is playing for him, minus the fact that he spelt her name wrong i think he may be diggin into me because i refused to go with him....and i hadnt heard anything about it

2. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    God, I hope not. She's such a good player, and he's such an arrogant POS bunghole.

3. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    I don't think kanye used a real bass player live

4. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    you do realize that the arrogant thing is part of the act right?

5. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Ahhh! So he's an ACTOR. That explains why he sucks...

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Kanye is really arrogant but I must say I like his stuff.

7. before this becomes a preference on wether you like kanye or not, can someone answer my question?....

i think it'd be hot if she was playing for john legend:D

8. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    what i mean by it's part of the act is that kanye is playing the part of a "rockstar"to the hilt.kanye west is a combination of a backpacker with a commercial appeal.is he arrogant? yeah a bit but understand that the outlandish statements he makes are calculated to get a reaction,no different than johnny rotten or marilyn Manson.If you don't like the music that's fine but in comparing his work as a producer and mc to other hiphop with the same current commercial appeal you have to see that it stands out IMO

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    DING DING DING winner!

10. again...if theres anymore posts resembling monkeys flinging poo at each other about kanye west im gonna close this thread, if you cant confirm any colaboration between kanye and meshell then PLEASE dont post

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Google says nothing on this.

12. i know, thats why i asked on here...kanyes website has nothing but dates and merch by the looks of it and meshells website hasnt been updated in years....