1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Karaoke Night with Rachael

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mellowinman, Jul 13, 2014.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Rachael is the host. She sings the first song, and "Fever."

I am singing material that is not typical for me. That's sort of the point.

audreycashin likes this.
  2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Mama Cass AND Charlie Rich?

Man, I can't even get arrested in this town!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Maybe if I describe all this, I'll get some comments:

My friend Rachael does a good job singing Lorrie Morgan's "Watch me Walk Away," and then I do an "interesting" job of singing Mama Cass' version of the old standard "Dream a Little Dream of me," and then the star of the night nails SRV's "Pride and Joy." THEN the worst singing couple I have ever heard absolutely destroy "I've Had the Time of my Life," from Dirty Dancing, and in my opinion, that song deserves it. Then a guy does a funny talk-sing version of "I Will Survive." Does that seem familiar to anyone? I feel like I saw that in a movie once. My wife comes on and kills "Silver Spring," because her Stevie Nicks is always dead on, and Rachael comes back out for "Fever."
    What's great is, Rachael pretends to be shy, but the camera loves her, and she looks and sounds great, and besides, if you're shy, why would you host a karaoke show two nights a week?
    Then I wrap things up with a pretty decent version of "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World," a song I will probably do again, only better. I got lost in the middle, but you can't tell, because I edited the video!

So anyway, I play rock star about a billion times a year in my band, and it's fun to just go up and sing some random stuff.

Now comes YOUR comment!

4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    can't see the video here, but it sounds as if you are describing Cake's version of I Will Survive

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    After doing some research, I see this is so.

It struck me as funny. I didn't use the part where he used a certain word. Gloria Gaynor would not like that at all!

6. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    OK, this made it all the way to page 2. No one has a comment? Hint: If you go to about six minutes in...

7. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    This is what happens when you use 215 PA cabs. You can't get gigs and must resort to singing Karaoke. :D

audreycashin likes this.
  8. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    At least its a comment.

9. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny

:cautious:

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My only experience with karaoke was living in Florida. I fished on a pier and there was a tiny little bar at the beach end that did karaoke on sunday nights. Even though it was a quarter mile from the bar to the end of the pier we could still hear it real good. One night one of the regular pier rats had enough and walked down to the the bar and smashed the karaoke machine. Cops were called and they managed to broker a deal where the guy would pay for the broken rig and promised to never do it again. In return the bar agreed to keep the volume down so it couldn't be heard at the end of the pier.

The regular sunday night anglers all pitched in to help pay for the rig and the bar held good to it's promise.

11. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    There's got to be a song that needs to be written in there somewhere.