1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Karen Cuda ~ Nashville Pussy

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MN_Bass, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    My guitarist got me hooked on Nashville a couple years back, they have had a constant rotating bass position, but Karen Cuda really adds some spice to the mix. On their new cd "From Hell to Texas" she has some great tones, check it out.

2. Kudos for mentioning Nashville Pussy on TB. First time that I can recall since I have been a member. :hyper:

3. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    I just went to see them last night. Most of the fans were grouped around Ruyter's spot on stage (and no doubt she's got some chops) but naturally I gravitated toward the bass side. I was really impressed by Karen. She played both pick and fingerstyle, laying back with simple riffs when appropriate but really smokin' when the tempo picked up. I also got one of the picks she tossed out during the show. :D

Her equipment really intrigued me. She has this ancient-looking Ampeg stack with 8x10s, and it looked to be mostly held together by silver duck tape. I'm not a P-bass expert, either, but I hadn't seen one exactly like hers before. It looked like a MIA, with string through body and only a single knob. She played almost at the bridge, and got a really punchy bright sound without sacrificing any low end.

Oh, and I scored a set of her used strings too. Currently she appears to be using DRs.

edit: sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I thought it might not be a bad idea to refresh it from time to time. ;)

4. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    She's hot........lemme rephrase that, She's Hawt! That's my next wife there......(yeah right.....)

5. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    Muy bueno, for sure. Unfortunately, that seems to attract the staggering drunks just as often as the rest of us. One guy tried to climb onto the stage to dance with her three times last night; I'm surprised that security didn't boost his heiny out into the parking lot the first time. Another guy kept reaching for her every time she got close to the audience; I wasn't close enough to tread on his instep. Twerps.

Sadly, that kept her from walking up to the edge of the stage as much afterward, and I really was enjoying watching her play.

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    That or the creepy guy staring at her intently. Where you drooling perchance? P basses through SVTs do that to me regardless of who is playing.

7. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    No, and I was close enough that she could tell I wasn't staring at her body. For better or worse. :D Now, the guy who was chain-smoking and watching her b**bs all night... that was creepy.