1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Karera R-Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NTL, Apr 29, 2009.

1. NTL

NTL

Mar 1, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    I have a Karera JBC-32 R-Series bass that I have owned for about 5 years now. I have been playing somewhat seriously for about the past 2 years (~1 hour a day) and have come the conclusion it might be time to get a new bass.

First, if you have any information about where this bass came from and the general quality it would be much appreciated.

I am pretty sure it is not a very quality bass since the truss rod was stripped the one time I tried to have it professionally set up. As a result the bass has never been properly set up. There is one area of the bass where I can't eliminate the fret buzz. I have tried adjusting the saddles and pickups to no avail. The output jack needs to be replaced, the output jack/volume knob cover no longer fits to the screw holes and the pickups are getting rusty despite being stored in a dry room.

That's enough ranting about the condition of my bass. My real question is how much of a difference would I notice if I bought a new bass ($300-$500 range)? I have heard the amp makes the biggest difference, but I would have to imagine the bass makes quite a difference as well. FYI, I have a Fender Rumble 100 amp.

Thanks.

2. NTL

NTL

Mar 1, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Any ideas?

3. DaddyJay69

DaddyJay69

Aug 14, 2010
    Definitely time for you to get a new bass. There are plenty of good deals in that price range. I recommend Peavey, Fender/Squier, Yamaha, Ibanez, or Dean as a good go-to bass. Just go down to your local store, play everything you can, and find one that feels good in your hands and strapped on your shoulder and sounds good. Don't forget to ask as many questions as you can. Musicians always help musicians. Good luck.