1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Karl Hauser

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by JennyD, Feb 29, 2016.

1. JennyD

JennyD

Feb 26, 2016
    I got my first upright bass, and am learning to play after having not played an upright since my 19 year old daughter was 4. :) Mine is a Karl Hauser Bubenreuth 19 (tag inside.) I can't find a serial number. What I know is that it's a German made plywood bass by Hofner, sold in America with the Karl Hauser name. I am interested in figuring out as close as I can what year it was made. Any ideas? It sounds good. I would like to know more about it.

P Reeves likes this.
  2. I had one of those labeled Anton Schroetter. If you post photos, the forum will take a crack at it.

3. mdcbass

mdcbass Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Seacoast of NH
    I had one labeled Anton Schuster - not to be confused with Shyster.

4. P Reeves

P Reeves

Oct 29, 2007
    Lakewood, CA
    Hi Jenny. Did you find out any other information about the bass? Does it have an ebony fingerboard and endpin? I found one for sale but don't know much about them besides what's stated on the label.