Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Karnivool - Themata tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Tomass, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    I was wondering if somebody could tab this for me on bass. Its by a little aussie band, there got a cd out and you can get there music in a dishonest way (P2P) any way i cant find the tab, and i cant work it out for myself. I know the bass player plays a 6 string and i only got a 4 stringer.

2. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    hey, I'm a major karnivool fan! Will be catching them next month on their national tour.

I'll give it a shot, don't think it would be that hard compared to some of their other songs. From memory the bass on that song kinda stays fairly basic. let u know how i go

3. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    bump.

If anyone has gotten around to tabbing this yet I would love to get a copy, especially if its written for a 4 string :D.

I saw Karnivool on the Roquefort tour not long ago, awesome band especially live!

4. Ive tabbed a few Karnivool songs so far, difficult to do some of the songs on a 4-string though. Im getting Themata down as we speak, have a bit of it :)

The reason its difficult to tab out they're songs is because hes using a 6string in an odd B tuning which is

B F# B E G C

also Jon uses alot of improvised notes too, he played alot of it different live when I last saw them.

5. Karnivool rock, meet Ian the other night, great guy!

where did u find out about John's tunings?? Interesting...

good luck with tabbing it, its a wicked song

6. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    bump.. i would love to see some karnivool tablature