1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Karnivool - Themata tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Tomass, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    I was wondering if somebody could tab this for me on bass. Its by a little aussie band, there got a cd out and you can get there music in a dishonest way (P2P) any way i cant find the tab, and i cant work it out for myself. I know the bass player plays a 6 string and i only got a 4 stringer.

2. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    hey, I'm a major karnivool fan! Will be catching them next month on their national tour.

I'll give it a shot, don't think it would be that hard compared to some of their other songs. From memory the bass on that song kinda stays fairly basic. let u know how i go

3. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    bump.

If anyone has gotten around to tabbing this yet I would love to get a copy, especially if its written for a 4 string :D.

I saw Karnivool on the Roquefort tour not long ago, awesome band especially live!

4. Ive tabbed a few Karnivool songs so far, difficult to do some of the songs on a 4-string though. Im getting Themata down as we speak, have a bit of it :)

The reason its difficult to tab out they're songs is because hes using a 6string in an odd B tuning which is

B F# B E G C

also Jon uses alot of improvised notes too, he played alot of it different live when I last saw them.

5. Karnivool rock, meet Ian the other night, great guy!

where did u find out about John's tunings?? Interesting...

good luck with tabbing it, its a wicked song

6. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    bump.. i would love to see some karnivool tablature