1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kawai Bass opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jphipps, Dec 15, 2002.

1. jphipps

jphipps

Dec 15, 2002
    I am getting back into playing the bass again and went looking yesterday to see what is out there. I found a place that was doing package deals. The has a Kawai 4 string bass with a hardshell case, an Iabnez practice amp, and all of the cables and accesories. I had never heard of Kawai before at least back when I was originally playing bass. Does any one think this would be a good deal? All I remember about the bass was that it was a 4 string with a P and J pickup setup. The deal was for $379. I am going back today to check it out again to see if I can find any model numbers or anything else about the bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

2. These Kawai's were one of 2 different models that Kawai offered. This is the bolt-on version. It is a decent bass for that money (especially since it comes with a practice amp) and should be a good re-introduction to the instrument.

3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've owned 2 of the bolt on Kawai basses. They are excellent basses.

Chuck