Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kawai F2B 110KS Four String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Rope, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    For sale is a Kawai F2B 4 String bass. Flame maple body, neck thru construction. Rosewood fingerboard.

It has an 18 volt active electronic design with 2 pickups, 2 vol, 2 tone, 3 way pickup selector, and 2 mini toggle EQ character switches.

It is in very good condition for its age. The two major issues are a ding in the lower edge and cracking in the finish near the jack. The bridge is brass. New tuning keys. Recent professional set up.

These basses are an interesting and low cost way to try out an an Alembic style bass.

$500 firm plus shipping. Includes a gig bag. Lower 48 only. PayPal, cashiers check or money order.

Would consider a trade for a P Bass.

2. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    A few more pics

3. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    And, here are the flaws, so you aren't guessing.

4. BA,

In the interest of clarity I've got to point out that you don't have a the 110KS version of the F2-B. This is a confusing issue since these basses have been sort of "mysterious" but Kawai has put up a nice history of these instruments for us owners. From that webpage:

To read more about these basses, just go here...http://www.kawaius-tsd.com/pages/kawai_bass.html

5. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    Thanks. That is also a good link about Kawai basses. I have a couple.

6. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    Oh well. Off to eBay.

7. "$500 firm plus shipping" should probably be removed. You do want to make as much as possible, right? ;)

8. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    Thanks. I thought I'd done that.