1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Kawai F2B FII-B Alembic Style Bass rare red finish MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, May 31, 2016.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    PRICE DROPPED TO $575 SHIPPED OBO FOR A QUICK SALE!!!!! I GOTTA UNLOAD THIS!

I am selling my Kawai FII-B Alembic style bass. These were made in Japan by Kawai and intended to capture some of the boutique market at a more reasonable price. The craftsmanship and ease of play-ability is all here as well as some great tone!

The bass is 100% stock and made of Maple and mahogany with neck through construction. There are two active humbucking pickups each using its own 9v battery. Each pickup has its own character switch which changes the internal EQ settings on the pickups. There is volume, blend, frequency boost and cut knobs as well as a pickup selector to round out the electronics.

The bass is strung through the body. Hardware is black and the nut is graphite.

These are really fast and easy to play and are also great for slap.

This one has some honest player wear as you can see in the pictures. A couple of nicks and dings around the edges and some scratching here and there but no signs of misuse or abuse. I did spend some time buffing the bass which improved the scratching. I suspect with some time and elbow grease most scratching can be eliminated. But overall as the pictures show, this bass is a good looker in a truly stunning and rare metallic red finish.

I just gave this bass a set up, inspection, a cleaning, a lemon oil treatment to the fingerboard, and a brand new set of strings so she is ready to go out of the box!

For a quick sale I am asking $575 or best offer, shipped conus with a gig bag. If you are in MST or PST time zones please add $25 for added shipping costs.

No trades on this one please as I need cash. Slideshow link is below. I had a rough time with lighting so there are more reflections than I would like but these pictures should give you a sense of condition.

Please PM with any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Kawai FII-B Slideshow by Roger Miller

kawai.JPG

And here is a great clip of this same bass in action:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Orange Caesar, godblender and rojo412 like this.
  2. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I had one of these. They are GREAT basses.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I just slashed the price on this to $575 OR BEST OFFER!!!!

Seriously folks I want this gone so if you are interested let's deal.

rojo412 likes this.