Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kawai F2B Fretless FS/T Feeler

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Brendan, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sold

Kawai F2B in Zebrawood with Maple/Walnut neck, and a body that might be alder. Not sure. Literature says maple, but it's not.

Converted to fretless by Rauen Guitars, and it's definitely a pro job. Even, smooth board. Further modification seems to be that the three way (Bridge/Both/Nec) has been replaced by a 4 way rotary switch (Off/Bridge/Both/Neck). Active pcikups, passive electronics.

Too much bass for me, as it were.

1.625" nut, 34" scale. Hambone and Brad Johnson will tell you these things are rediculous, and you don't see them fretless. I can answer any questions you might have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sale would be $350+ shipping

Brendan-
    (Edit- Have bass lined up, need to sell!)

2. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    if i had 350 i'd be all over that like white on rice...

3. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
  4. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    PM sent at ya
    Thanks

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    PMs all around.

For future bidder/traders/whatnot, I'm going to give this about a week, see what comes in, see how I feel about the bass actually leaving, all that. Just so you know there'll be some lead time on the decision.

6. Go ahead and put the screws to him boys. You'll really enjoy this instrument. :bag:

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hammy knows what's up. Buyers have made themselves known, but I'm still open to trades for a while, folks.

8. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    I have a candy apple red MIM fender jazz deluxe Im not doing anything with..............

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I love these basses. But I don't need another fretless four.

I used to really want one of these, though. Several of my friends referred to them as the 'poor mans Alembic.'

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That the fiver? Can't do the 4 bangers.

11. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    Yep its a fiver what do you want to do....

12. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    PM to you.

13. awesome bass at a great price... someone get it or regret it

14. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    A bump for a great bass. I have one of these, and absolutely love it. I also have a bass I may be willing to trade. I'll send a PM later.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Little Bump of my own. Still accepting trade offers. Don't be shy. I mean, this bass isn't going to hurt for a home, but wouldn't you love it if it was your home?

Man, I shoulda gone into advertising.

16. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    How about I trade you some cash and we end this thread?

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I e-mailed you back, but never heard from you, Andy (you mentioned some other Kawais and whatnot?)

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    E-mailed and PM'd interested parties, but seem to be lacking responses from them.

Ergo...

inverse dip.