Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Kawai F2B String Through Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joegeezer, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I am really bad at posting photos, so if your interested, please send me your regular e-mail , and I'll send you some decent photos. My wife had to help me with this one. I have 4 Kawai KRB's and love them. I always wanted to try an Alembic, but could never afford one, so I bought this Kawai F2B. I got burned on it by the guy though. It played wonderful, but the pickups were burned out. So on the advise of Brown's Guitar Factory, I went with EMG 35DC's in it , with the BTS EQ system. The pickup trim rings were custom made for it, by the referral I got from EMG. After all of the time and expense of getting it ready to play, after it was done I have found that it just doesn't fit me. It sounds great, has great action, but just doesn't fit me right. So before I put it on E-Bay, I thought I'd see if any fellow Talk-Bassers are interested in it.
    I am taking quite a loss on it after all I've had to do, but am asking a 500.00 firm price on it. They say these red ones are more scarce than the others. There is only one very small nick on this bass, it's really in super shape. Thanks Joe

2. rpsell

rpsell

Jan 27, 2005
    hawley, minnesota
    Nice Bass. Can you tell me about the range of tones that the emg's give it? I play an F2b and I love it. Great action and great feel. Probably the easiest bass I've ever set-up. The pickup trim rings look like a good fit, by the way.

3. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    The EMG's with the EQ system are really versatile. I can get just about any tone out of them that I would want. Brown's Guitar Factory uses them exclusively on all their high end basses, that start at 5000.00 each.This is the best bass I have ever owned as far as holding the neck adjustmant, and holding in tune. Tune it once and it'll stay the same for weeks on end. I just wish it fit me. I now have 4 Kawai KRB models and love them, I love this one too, it just doesn't fit me.

4. rpsell

rpsell

Jan 27, 2005
    hawley, minnesota
    Bump for a nice bass.

5. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Bump--I really hate to sell a bass that's this nice to some goofy punk on e-bay, who will just wreck it. These F2B's are absolutely fantastic basses. Somebody out here pick this one up, and save it from destuction from an e-bay buyer--Please.

6. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
  7. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
  8. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    going to e-bay on saturday. nows your chance to have the poor man's Alembic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.