1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Kay bass for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by jimbass55, Jul 21, 2005.

1. I have decided to sell my old Kay to finance another Upright Purchase. I hate to do it because it was my first bass, but you know how it goes.

It is most likely from early 60's, and it has been painted black. I just recently had the soundpost setup, and put Labella Supernil strings on it. The bass is in good working order, and would be great for a beginner, but a pro might want to put some $$$ in it for a setup and some adjustments. It has been a good one, but I can't afford to keep her. Definantly ideal for Bluegrass/Rockabilly. I have a K&K Rockabilly pickup & preamp that goes with it for an extra $150. $850 for the bass, or $1000 for bass and pickup. Don't snooze this is a smokin deal and I need to sell ASAP. Sale needs to be around Dallas Fort Worth, TX.
  2. tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    you have pm...
  3. selling your first bass...next year you will be :bawl:
  4. mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Any pics? What needs to be set up?
  5. It would really need a new bridge and a neck set would be best. The neck isn't broken, damaged or moving.
  6. Would this be a good idea for a teen-ager paying in school orchestra?
  7. Sorry, I forgot to post that it has been sold. It probably would not have been a great bass for an orchestra.