Kay Cubed, "the future generation"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danielle Meyer, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Got this for $60.00 on CL. It plays really nicely. I'm going to replace the nut and put a set of DR Pure Blues on it. The pick up is a little weak and I have a love/hate sentiment about the headstock. I wish it was a little more pointy. Or a lot less pointy. Anyway if I connect with this a little more I may upgrade the bridge, pickup, and pots. Or maybe get a fretless P-neck for it as I would enjoy a P-spaced fretless.
    I have never seen an 80's style Kay before and can't find anything online other than there is a Kay K3 Strat for sale on ebay in similar style. Thought I'd share with TB. Anyone else have or had one? 5354807149239638392.jpg 2628381705748267218.jpg

thumpbass1 likes this.
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Did it come with the matching scrunchy?

3. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    Funky 80´s style bass. I hope you wear fluorescent clothing when you play it! :cool:
    Nice grab. It looks like it is in great shape.

4. I just happened to have that and thought it would fit. There, my first custom upgrade a matching mute for 2 hand tapping :)

5. It
    It is in very good shape.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022