Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kazaa help!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    hey all, i just downloaded kazaa desktop mejigger a few days ago and ive downloaded a couple of songs already but how do i see what im playing? the only way that i could ge them all to play anyway was to put them all in a play list but now i cant choose what to play it just plays. how can i change this? and yes i have tried double clicking on the folders and nothing happens :rolleyes:

thanks

2. Download Winamp (www.winamp.com) and set that as your default mp3 player through Windows.

The player built in to Kazaa sucks.

3. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Two words:
    Kazaa Lite. No spyware and no pop ups. Do a search for "kazaalite".
    The player still sux though!
    I second the Winamp player.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm saying this as a UW helpdesk staffer, not a bassist..

please, uninstall kazaa as quick as you can and run adaware ( www.lavasoftusa.com ) ASAP. basically, kazaa and all the crap it puts on your computer will start slowing your connection and your compute down, eventually causing crashes and corrupting files.

instead...

www.k-lite.tk

kazaa lite. much much better, same network.

this message brought to you by DoIT.

5. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Can I get another witness? Preach on jason, preach on!

6. D. Funkalicious

D. Funkalicious

Sep 22, 2002
    I agree with kazaa screwing with a computer. Mine was running like a dog and doing really stupid things thanks to kazaa. I did some massive hard drive cleaning, and my computer thanks me. I dig all the music that I could get off of it, but not the sh!t that it put my system through.

7. What's the difference between Kazaa and Kazaa Lite anyways? (ie. Why did they make two versions?)

8. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    you could start by reading the four posts above you :p

9. pInK_eLePhAnT

pInK_eLePhAnT

Nov 24, 2002
    Grr, so that's why my computer started going funny!
    Uninstalling it right now!!
    Thanks for the info, I was having trouble working out the prob!!

10. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Kazaa didn't make the Lite version. AFAIK it was some guy somewhere who stripped it down.

11. pInK_eLePhAnT

pInK_eLePhAnT

Nov 24, 2002
    :confused:
    Hey! I need a bit of help, erm, what exactly am I supposed to be doing with the Ad-aware thing?
    I'm kinda confusulated!

12. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Get kazaa off your system. Unless viruses disguised as music and video files are your thing....

download winmx ( www.winmx.com ). Its the best program for downloading MP3's right now.

Good luck. :)

13. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    thank ya kind sir

14. Another vote for Kazaa Lite. I had Kazaa before, but then all these damn ads kept popping up everywhere and totally screwed my computer. I uninstalled it, found Kazaa Lite and presto! It's a lot better than WinMx in my opinion. I like the movie player cause it seems like anything bigger than a MB on my laptop here can't seem to process fast enough for Windows Media or Real Player. The Kazaa movie player works great though.

I also got the Kazaa Lite Cheater, it came with the program. I have no idea what it does, but appearantly, my participation rating on Kazaa Lite can be "Supreme Being" (1000) at the click of a button. Anyone know what the participation rating is for exactly?

15. The best file-sharing program out there is Direct Connect ++, available at http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net . However, most DC hubs are very anal-retentive, so if you're going to share MP3s, make sure they're organized by album.