Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kbguitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPJ, Apr 7, 2003.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Does any one know if Ken Bebensee is still in business, or is anyone currently expecting a Bebensee bass? I love Ken's work, but his web site hasn't been updated in over 2 years and I haven't received replies from him the last couple of times I contacted him. Any news?

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I had one for a minute- GREAT BASS!! built like a dream... one thing, though.. the pickups were too close to the bridge.. not really the slap tone I like...so....
    [​IMG]
    spoke to Ken once, cool guy- it just took too long to wait for one...

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I actually HAVE called and e-mailed, but I also don't want to harass the guy, either. I was just wondering if anyone has worked with him recently or currently has basses in the works.

Adrian-when did you have your bass finished. i don't recognize it from the website, so I'm guessing it must be a fairly recent bass....

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    no, JP- actually i got the bass from someone in Miami- and now its back in Florida but with a different owner- i havent talked to Ken in about 7 months..

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    It's on there:

http://www.kbguitars.com/sereph/sereph.html

Sweet looking bass. I thought pretty hard about getting it when Daryl Jones had it on his website (for what was it, $3800? a bit steep for me at the time).