1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

kbguitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPJ, Apr 7, 2003.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Does any one know if Ken Bebensee is still in business, or is anyone currently expecting a Bebensee bass? I love Ken's work, but his web site hasn't been updated in over 2 years and I haven't received replies from him the last couple of times I contacted him. Any news?

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I had one for a minute- GREAT BASS!! built like a dream... one thing, though.. the pickups were too close to the bridge.. not really the slap tone I like...so....
    [​IMG]
    spoke to Ken once, cool guy- it just took too long to wait for one...

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I actually HAVE called and e-mailed, but I also don't want to harass the guy, either. I was just wondering if anyone has worked with him recently or currently has basses in the works.

Adrian-when did you have your bass finished. i don't recognize it from the website, so I'm guessing it must be a fairly recent bass....

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    no, JP- actually i got the bass from someone in Miami- and now its back in Florida but with a different owner- i havent talked to Ken in about 7 months..

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    It's on there:

http://www.kbguitars.com/sereph/sereph.html

Sweet looking bass. I thought pretty hard about getting it when Daryl Jones had it on his website (for what was it, $3800? a bit steep for me at the time).