1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KCMO Luthiers: exchange?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by chokeslam512, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Greetings, I am looking for any local Luthiers in the KCMO area who might be able to help me out. I am an employed engineer and I have almost no extracurricular activities. I would really like to get into your fine craft. Bassically what I am looking to do is assist you around your shop (not for pay) so I can learn the fundamentals of wood selection, building techniques, wood working, tool selection and all of the other intricacies of instrument making in a hands-on situation.

What's in it for you? Good question. I have over 7 years of CAD experience and can make any number of assembly, design, electrical, or detail drawings you need for whatever build we are doing. Of course you will retain exclusive rights to your designs, don't be silly. You will also be getting a dependable hard worker who really wants nothing more than to learn how to make a proper bass. Did I mention that you won't need to pay me? :bassist:

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    As a builder the only thing that would scare me is the liability. Table saws, band saws and joiners bite and bite hard! I am scared to have anyone help me because I don't want to lose my house if something were to happen. Good luck with your hunt though....T