Keeley Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zappa's Bass, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Zappa's Bass

Zappa's Bass

Oct 31, 2005
    Hello it's my first time here, i hope you can help me:

A few years ago i used digital FX in a rack, i changed for individual pedal.
    I´m looking for a Compressor!
    I read a lot about compressors and The Keeley Compressor seems to be the best of all. Compressor original made for guitar, some bassplayers are using this pedal (i nerver sow)

Have you any opinion about how it works on the bass?

Or if you know something better....

The thing is: In Portugal we don't have keeley representation, i must buy from UK
  2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    I tried a Keely Compressor once and it sounded very nice indeed. It's a no-nonsense compressor with only two knobs.

Edit - and welcome to the board of eternal bass-knowledge :)
  3. Zappa's Bass

Zappa's Bass

Oct 31, 2005
    tks the reff

i never try this pedal like i said , but all the comments are very good in all possible aspects.

i don't understand wy nobody spocke yet about this keeley compressor in this forum.
    if is realy good ....

"there are any bassplayer around with the keeley compressor on is setup?"
    please let me kn
  4. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I don't own one, yet, but I have played around with one that a guitarist friend of mine owns and it sounds great. The thing I like about it is it is extremely transparent. It doesn't alter your tone at all, yet provides a very smooth compression. I definitely plan on buying one now. ;)
  5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I don't like the Keeley myself on any bass with a B string. on 4s it ROCKS, but it made my 5s and 6s sound anemic. So now I use an EBS MultiComp in multiband mode. Less comp on the lows, ya see.
  6. Zappa's Bass

Zappa's Bass

Oct 31, 2005
    thanks for your help
  7. Zappa's Bass

Zappa's Bass

Oct 31, 2005
    thanks for your help, i didn´t liked the ebs multicomp, i own a chorus and octa from ebs but the multicomp is not to me, maybe my bass , or me... but something
    hmm, i just don't like the compresson
    i play a yamaha trb 4 , the first one