1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Keeley hooke reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Aug 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I know a lot of guys don't like reverb on bass, but I do sometimes most of the time. I have tried the TC Electronic Hall of Fame great reverb, I was using a Boss FRV-1 63 it was okay. I didn't really care for the Boss FRV-1 but it quit on me anyway. So I went looking for a good reverb, I wanted something that had class not overbearing. I wanted something that was there but pleasing to the ears, nice jazz type sound you know. So I talk to the guys at Keeley for a while and talk to them about the Keeley Hooke reverb. They told me it would cover bass guitar quite well and it does. Its not fancy it has a spring, trem and spring and something call Fugue. The Fugue is suppose to sound sort of like an organ, to me it does not, my TC Electronic Subnup does that real well. But I use my Subnup for 1 octave down just to fatten up my sound once in a while. But back to the Hooke it does what I want it to do very well, and that is reverb. It is a nice classy reverb subtle and sexy when playing jazz. I like it very much it is a keeper on my board.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    triviani likes this.
  2. Cool pedal. I use a digitech polara and mainly use the modulated and halo settings. So this doesn't seem like my type of reverb but I'm curious to hear it.