1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Keeley

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by waylon79, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I've been looking into buying a Keeley 4-knob compressor, Anyone had any experience with their products?:meh:

2. I haven't used their compressor, but the products I have used are quality stuff, and customer service is outstanding.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    A search on the word 'keeley' will reveal plenty. Click the link in my sig for a review of the compressor. :)

4. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    The compressors are great, something that anybody would love. The only thing is, I honestly like the Analog Man compressors more, they're cheaper and in my opinion they sound a bit better too.

5. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    +1 for Keeley, but I love my EBS multicomp too.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Feb 6, 2007
    Texas
    I have been using the Keeley 2 knob compressor for a year, and it has been a great compressor. Very quiet, and very effective. I bought the 2 knob because the only settings I change are the Sustain and Level. The 2 knob version has the same versatility as the 4 knob, only the Input Trim, and Attack adjustments are on the inside. When you find what you like, you can dial them in and close the pedal up. The Keeley website also has some helpful info, as I'm sure you are aware since you've been looking into this pedal.

7. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    I had the Keeley, and LOVED the sustain. In your profile it says you're only using the Lakland; if I was only using one bass I'd probably get the 2 knob and save some money since the gain etc settings inside are kind of set it and forget it.

Some people find them noisy, but that was not my experience. It did kill some lows. I called Keeley to ask if they had heard of a mod for increasing bass response, and they themselves admit that its not for a low B string.

Otherwise, great product. I got a great deal from a friend for it (he paid almost what I paid new), so I wound up getting the Demeter instead. But if I had to do it over again, I might have kept the Keeley AND the Demeter for different applications....sustain....

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't have a compressor but I have a Rat II pedal he modified. Sounds identical to an 80's Rat II that got stolen, plus it has a couple extra settings that actually allow for bass response without having to run a clean blend.