Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Keep having to log on in

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by banditcosmo, Feb 1, 2004.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Ever since the new forum I keep having to log in every time I visit. I don't have this problem on other forums just this one. I have checked remember me.
    I'm using Safari browser on a Mac.

2. Hmm, could be possible your cookies keep getting deleted for this site. Not sure how but it has happened to me before. Try deleting ALL your cookies and then reboot and see what happens.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MM, cookies, a blessing and a curse.

4. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    I am having the same problem. Also using Safari on a mac.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Post a thread in the Bug Reports forum in Paul's Shack.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I already posted a thread in bug reports, and paul answered with a confirmed(by another mac user on safari) delete your Talkbass cookies, then it will be fixed.

I'm in safari as well.

You don't need to delete ALL your cookies, just the Talkbass ones.

7. I'm still right though, aren't I :( ?

8. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm the Safari user Paul mentioned... :)

I couldn't log in *at all!!* I was scared there for a little while, but now everything is happy again!

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    For all you safari users, Apple just released safari v1.2, get it from the SW update control panel, additionally, a new version of Java was released.

I have updated, and many sites that were wonky in the past are working flawlessly, additionally, download resumes have been added, and supposedly it's more stable now(though it was pretty damn stable before, probably juts fixed a couple conflicts here and there)

either way, it's a good solid update making safari the best browser in the world(except maybe camino which never made it to v1.0 :(