Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Keep my Aguilar 115 or go to an Aggie 212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I've come to love the sound of a 15 inch speaker but I would like more power from a single cab. Should I get an Aguilar 212 instead of my Aggie 115? Will I still get the same lows and deep response? I am going to add an Aphex 204 big bottom regardless so maybe this would help the situation in term of deepness...Hmmm...

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You know, I have both an Aggie 1x15 and an Aggie 4x10, and back to back, I get much more deepness and low end from the 4x10 . . .

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Todays high end 2/12 cabs like Bergie/ Epifani/ Aguilar etc. have alot more low end than the 1/15's out there.

4. bassboat

bassboat

Sep 27, 2001
    15" speakers fill out the low mids real nice. Feels rounder, not neccesarily deeper than a four ten or 2 twelve cabinet. My subjective opinion-ymmv.

5. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I feel the difference (when gigging) more in terms of SPEED than tone - 10's hit HARD and fast, 15's hit slow and smooth, like a big wash of bass. 12's are in the middle - not harsh like 10's, not lazy like 15's.

Go demo one, and see which you like!