1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Keep or Return?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Audiomicrowave, Jun 3, 2020.

Keep or return?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2020.
  1. Keep it

22.4%
  2. Return it

63.8%
  3. Carrots

13.8%
  1. I recently ordered a Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe. I've been waiting almost 2 months and got the notice that is finally shipping. I was thrilled until I saw the pictures they sent.

Here's what I ordered:
    IMG_0079.jpg

Here's what was sent:
    IMG_0138.JPG

What do you think? Am I being too picky about the inlays? I love a plain fingerboard, and am worried that if I accept the bass as it is, I'll never be happy with it.

Thoughts?

2. MynameisMe

MynameisMe Coffee is wonderful! Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Jax Florida
    Ask for discount. Hopefully yours it's better than the one I had with uneven string volume and bad pickups. String spacing kind of large for me.

Charlzm, tommyr01 and Audiomicrowave like this.
  3. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    You are not picky, you just order what you want on seller list , but seller send the item not as described .
    Return it..... or ask 35% of discount if the bass tone sound great without dead spot.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  4. brushfirewolf

brushfirewolf

Nov 12, 2016
    Maryland
    Didn’t know they came without inlays. Killer bass either way I’d just be excited to be getting it.

5. Sonicblaze

Sonicblaze Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    You already answered it: return it. Otherwise it'll always bug you.

6. Just a light-hearted jab here, but do you play while looking at yourself in the mirror?
    otherwise, you'll never see those inlays

Commenting from experience BTW, I owned a B.C. Rich w/o inlays.

7. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Since you only mention pictures being sent, I’m assuming you haven’t taken delivery of the bass…and you shouldn’t. Get what you ordered and what you paid for.

8. You’ll never be happy, and you’ll be second guessing why you kept it.

9. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I agree that the blank fretboard looks cool but you might care a little less if they knock a couple hundo off.

Thegrandwazoo, bbh, SteveC and 2 others like this.
  10. You're right...I'll not see it when I'm playing. I'm tempted to accept delivery, play it with my eyes closed and see how I feel. I'm on the fence about it. Will talk to my sales rep tomorrow and see what they are willing to do about it.

Thegrandwazoo, bbh, murphy and 2 others like this.
  11. Personally I generally dgaf about things like that but if it bothers you now send it back I guess? I'm always surprised about the small shiz that bothers people but it's not my money

12. note to self: move full-length mirror from bedroom to jam-space

13. BB Brian

BB Brian

Apr 15, 2020
    West Texas
    It's not what you ordered. If that bothers you, then let them know so they can make it right.

14. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Hmmmm, I liked the looks in your "before" pic. Dot markers don't kill it for me but if you clearly thought you were getting a clean fingerboard tell them and ask for a credit(?). Looks good though, maybe it will grow on you.

Audiomicrowave likes this.
  15. To be clear I have just received this guitar with no inlays but I have been very happy with it and would have accepted it even with face dots

Attached Files:

16. That is a gorgeous guitar!

DeliriumTremens likes this.
  17. If your bandmates look at you for visual cues, they will appreciate inlays.

18. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Wait until it arrives, and play it. They certainly will have to give a discount or replace it. But until it's in your hands, you won't know.

19. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    I’d give it a test drive and see how it sounds. Who knows, after all the waiting you might decide to keep it. Or you might decide it’s not for you, dots or no dots.

I’m not super picky, but I do like unmarked boards. If I special ordered and paid full retail, I’d probably return it.

The dots really change the vibe, and not for the better.

Thegrandwazoo and Audiomicrowave like this.
  20. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    You're not happy.
    That's the only thing that matters.