1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

keep what I got, or American P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nonconformist, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I currently have an ibanez SR 400... modified with darkstar pickups.

sure it sounds pretty nifty, but the neck is too small and slim (hate the super thin neck) and there is very little "playing" room left, especially for slap near the neck/darkstars.

I have a potential buyer on the ibanez (at a pretty major loss to me), and i have found a like new american p bass.

should I buy?

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Yes - time to move on.

3. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    The new American Standard P-basses look great. If you like the new P-bass better, then how could you go wrong by getting one? What color do like?

The white with tortoise shell pickgaurd and rosewood fretboard looks sweet!

4. Are you comfortable slapping on a P bass?

I guess I'm backwards though, I prefer thin necks. I sold off all of my P basses a while ago because the necks are too chunky. It (fender bug) came back around and I'm playing all jazz basses now.

5. Well the one i'm looking at is less than a year old, barely used, looks great, and only ~$650... a steal if you ask me..

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    It seems that it will fit you better than the Ibanez. $650 is a great deal. Make sure there aren't any issues with it.

7. mookie stinks

mookie stinks Banned

Feb 15, 2008
    (if you can) pay the extra money for the new american standard p !

8. tank4checo

tank4checo

Feb 14, 2008
    new mexico
    i agree with mookie the new standards are nice. i got the new jazz its awesome. but for $650 that would be a good deal of course spend some playing time with it and make sure nothing is wrong with it.

9. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    +1 on the new standard p if you can swing it. nothing wrong with the previous incarnations, but the new ones are superior.