Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

keep your old string balls!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by spliffnriff, Jul 8, 2004.

1. hey everyone, before you throw out your old strings, would you consider saving the balls for me? I want to make a necklace using them, however I do not go through strings very often and it would take me a lifetime to make a necklace.
    So if anyone would be willing to do so, I will be happy to pay the cost of shipping!
    PM me.

Thanks

2. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    If you do it, consider laquering them or clearcoating them in some way. IIRC brass will turn your skin green when sweat gets on it. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember this factoid from long, long ago.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Heh. I'll see if I have old sets of D'Addario XLs lying around... the ballends are painted different pretty colors!

4. cschenk78

cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    When I was in HS I used to make necklaces for my girlfriends out of the string testes...

Gets 'em right where you want 'em everytime... :oops:

5. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Hey man, I *think* I've got a couple of old sets of strings that I could send you. Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.