Keeping busy on a Saturday evening...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deezer Butler, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Aquired a cheapo $80 Ibanez. Bridged screws were rusted badly, truss rod was cranked up way too tight, pickups, pots and jack were all shot. Missing knobs. Stupid stickers all over it...
    So, I took it all apart. Oiled and cleaned up the bridge. Removed the stickers. Cleaned the neck with machiners wool and lemon oil. Installed a new jack, pots, knobs and a set of Geezer Butler EMGs. Gave it some Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings. Then did a complete set-up. Although there are a few nicks and dings....This bass sounds and plays great! Another to add to the collection...

20160911_001122.jpg 20160911_001009.jpg

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    She looks beautiful and there's nothing like bringing an instrument back to life also good call on the pups I bet they sound great.

meatwad and Deezer Butler like this.
  3. Yea... I'm pretty happy on how it turned out. I'm surprised how well the neck feels and plays for such a cheap bass.

meatwad likes this.
  4. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    I rocked the 5-string version of this bass, color and all. Congrats to both you, and the bass!

Deezer Butler likes this.
  5. Thanks... I normally play 5 string myself. I'm gonna keep this one dialed in at C#. It has a nice growl with those Geezer EMGs.

meatwad likes this.
  6. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    These old Ibanez EX basses deserve fresh beginnings like this. :bassist::bassist:

Can't help but think you are a Geezer Butler fan, much like myself. :thumbsup:

7. DeezrB - great job on your cleanup. I always love to see a bass "brought back from the dead". I'm a big Ibanez fan.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021