Keeping your bass safe and clean

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Well I'm having an issue keeping my bass clean and in good shape...

Well I have a sibling that's always grabbin' my bass. He's feeling it all over all the time.

This kid is has something against bathing and deoderant... I mean you can tell he's coming a mile off! I'm constantly finding muck of unknown origin on my strings!, and the body gets all sticky in places!

And when I caught him playing it with his toes (nope, he doesn't believe in socks either... indoors at least) well, let's say I got agrivated.

What should I do?
  2. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Buy a hardshell case with locking latches.
  3. Thanks for the tip; that would be a possibility once I get a new bass, but it seems sorta silly getting a case that costs more than the thing itself :)
  4. W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    I always clean my bass with window wash , nice and bright
  5. buy a wiffle ball bat, if that doesn't work buy a metal bat.
    i would say a wood bat but i am guessing the BING noise the metal bat would make might make you giggle.
  6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    G-man, you're killin' me :D. You are ON tonight!

How `bout this? Any of your neighbors have vinyl siding? They'll probably have
    a high-pressure washer too. Some Spic `N Span and a high temp/high psi hosin'
    oughtta' make your point ;).

I WAS gonna' suggest installin' a secret switch re-directin' the hot wire
    from the output jack to 120 VAC :eek: Too Rube Goldberg-ish.
    Not to mention possibly fratricidal :p .
  7. Huna Funk

Huna Funk

Dec 5, 2000
    *practices the newly discovered ten toe tap techinique*

It just sort of rolls right off the tounge, sounds Oriental even. ;)
  8. oh thats good, how about one of those electric remote control dog collars. set up right you could wait for him to touch the strings and then, ha ha ha. if it is a active bass you might want to take the battery out first. :D
    talk about training the pavlovian dog.