Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Keith Jarrett documentary

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Hi, I just wanted to share with you the knowledge of a brilliant Keith Jarrett documentary that will be shown on Channel 4 in the UK on Monday 20th of December - it's made by the Mike Dibb who also directed the Miles Davis Story.

I went to a screening last week and it's extremly good. There's loads of great archive footage including some cool stuff featuring Chralie Haden and Palle Danielsen, plus some more recent stuff and interviews with Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohntette - all very in-depth and revealing - there's some more here:

http://www.ijazz.org/cgi-bin/articl...line;rows=50;tags=news_clippings;artc_id=1227

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
  3. One of the funny bits of music that surface in the fils is stuff Keith recorded with his brother - it's basically nice songs with Keith singing in this high, soulful falsetto - quite weird, but it does show he is a very open guy musically.

Check it out if you can - I'm sure it will get shown in the States, or it'll be out on DVD before long - it's a superb bit of work.

Cheers

M