1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Keith Jones

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by maurilio, Mar 29, 2009.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    Hey,
    is there any of you that has info on Keith Jones? Bassplayer with Andy Narell (and others).
    I can't find nothing.....

Thanks

M

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't have any info, but I always dug his work with Ray Obiedo, Kit Walker and a lot of other CDs in my collection.

3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    the link is about a restaurant :eyebrow:

yahoo didn't come up with anything (beside sport's players, writer and strange enough a KJ country player!) as google.....

4. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Keith is a phenomenal bassist!!! Here is a clip of him with JLP:

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

5. Keith is living in L.A. He has a busy studio where he records, produces and plays. We all know what a phenomenal player he is... groove, time...sound, he is also an amazing engineer and producer as well. His latest disc he produced for Leaon Mobley was just nominated for a Grammy! Keith is still laying down the deep end w/ his Tune 6 string basses!!

6. I have a bootleg recording of Keith with Wayne Shorter's quintet of that time (1988, Frankfurt). Terrific player, indeed.

7. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    He did some really cool stuff on Andy Narell's Slow Motion recording.

8. Al Bass

Al Bass

Jan 11, 2004
    Lake Worth, Fl
    I saw an ad in Craigslist back in Oct 2014, where Keith Jones was giving bass lessons in the West Palm Beach, Florida area. I believe he does session work and operates a production/recording facility there as well. Yes, he's one of great ones from back in the day.

9. Keith Jones has been tapped for the Bass chair with the Anderson/Ponty Band.... in fact, the band is Hayford Griffin, Jamie Glaser (Jean Luc's band from 80-83) and Wally Minko on Keys! They are rehearsing at this moment. Keith is playing his Tune 6 string contra basses, and Aguillar Amplification.

10. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    On the recently released CD/DVD release it's the great Baron Browne on bass though.

11. Yeah, this is true.... Baron had other commitments. This band toured with JLP in the early 80's. Keith said the rehearsals and music are off the hook, and people are gonna really be amazed @ all the music they are doing.

12. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Yeah, can't go wrong with either and both did time in Ponty's band at one time. The drummer is Rayford Griffin who I've seen a few times over the years, once with Ponty and once with George Howard, he is a badass!

13. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I did some sessions at his studio a few years back, IIRC in N Hollywood. Super cool guy and monster player. I saw him live w/Narell many years ago and it was incredible.

14. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I just discovered this guy and Andy Narrel. What a monster player. Wow.

Here's a sample from 85.

15. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006

FingerDub and jerry like this.
  16. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    The more I listen to him the more I like him.

17. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    That was on fretless, too.:thumbsup: