Keith Sweat is not a bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DWBass, Aug 14, 2003.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Sorry, but I had to dispell this rumor!! I have first hand info! My ex-brother in law is a drummer in Keith Sweat's camp. I had my ex-wife call him to verify this rumor! Keith Sweat and Keith Crier from GQ are NOT the same person!! Keith Sweat cannot play any instrument very well according to my ex brother-in-law. Just so you know I'm not making this up, my ex-wife's name is Wondress Hutchison and is a professional singer who sang with Mantronix and KS at one time among many other artists most recently singing background on Shaggy's last cd and performing with him on Regis and Kelly last year. Her brother is Randy Hutchison, a pro drummer, who is still a part of the KS camp and plays with a ton of R&B and Hip Hop artists! As I've seen this false info all over the internet, it behooves me that someone would want to give this guy credit for something he never did!
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Thanks for getting back, this is the source of info, and go to welcolm to soulwalking, go to artist, go to the letter "s" for sweat in there it is! Bad data is everywhere, sorry bout that DWbass:mad:
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

No problem! As soon as I saw that (and quite a few other websites), I had my doubts! And I'm the kinda guy who digs deep for info and of course I had an inside source to tap!
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thanks for the e-mail.
    Thank you, also, for all of the Keith information.
    Interestingly, that information may have stemmed from the book that has been
    threatening me. They state in their book that they lay textual 'depth charges'
    and this information regarding Keith, may be one? The confusion may be, also,
    to do with the fact that there is a Keith Crier who played bass on the GQ
    albums I have here. Maybe they jumped to a conclusion and we all followed?

Have a great weekend,

Best wishes,