1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Kelling Sound, Solderless, Jazz Bass Wiring Harness w/Jensen Cap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    Here's a very nice, Kelling Sound, Jazz Bass harness (Volume, Volume, Tone). It has the solderless wire ports, split shaft pots, treble bleed circuit on each Volume pot, a Jensen .05 uF capacitor and push back cloth wiring. I got this on TB a couple of weeks ago. Sounded super sweet with the DiMarzio Model J pickups. Pure, 60's J tone with the tone control rolled off, but easily comes back to life, with the tone control cranked. The tone knob spectrum is kinda like an Orange Drop without the aggressive, attacking, high end. I switched it out for an Obsidian Wire harness a few days ago. I was seeking a slightly brighter cap because the Model J pickups are a darker, bassier toned. Hand Written Kelling Wiring Diagram is included.

Your PayPal payment gets it shipped via USPS w/Tracking to your Lower 48th US state.
    755588A2-7550-48DA-8B5E-773A151DEF19.
    FBC04A37-5D0A-46B4-B364-0AEBD5A7E8AA.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Squinty Jones likes this.
  2. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Kelling's work rocks!!

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  3. Carlospescado

Carlospescado

Mar 28, 2018
    Pm sent

4. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    PM Replied - Payment Pending

5. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Yes Sir!! I have one in my mid 50's, Tele style P bass and another one that will go into a heavy relic modern, P Bass, that MJT is finishing up for me. The one for the mid 50's has a cap that takes me from dull upright bass and up to Sting's tone on Driven To Tears, from their "Live In Buenos Aires" DVD :) It also has a Push Pull volume knob, that coil taps the Seymour Duncan 51 P Bass, Stinger pickup.

Squinty Jones likes this.
  6. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    He is awesome and offers variations in wiring that others simply do not... As best as I can tell, he only still sells through eBay? There was a time a few years back whereby he would get from you what you wanted and then list it on eBay for you to purchase... Your set-ups sound awesome!!

I came within an "ace" of getting your harness (or at least trying for it!)… :)

kellingsound88 | eBay

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018