1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kemper Profiling Amp does bass...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikenothing, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mikenothing

mikenothing

Sep 25, 2013
    Hey guys,

First post here, visit the forum from time to time but never registered.

Just restrung/setup an Ibanez EDB405 5 string bass I had in the closet. Fired up the Kemper using the Microtubes B7K profiles by r.u. sirius. Great sounding profiles, can't say the same for my playing... I'm a guitarist, so my bass playing skills are lacking.

Check it out, let me know what you guys think. No EQing or mixing in the DAW. I will be recording full mixes in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnQ2rwDomZo

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not bad sound at all. Sufficiently hard rockin'.

3. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Sounds good mikenothing!
    I've had great results in the studio using a Kemper to record my bass. There are not a lot of great profiles out there (why anyone would need to profile an SVT450 is beyond me) but I found a really nice B15 profile that I've been using.
    Setup is a breeze - bass straight into the Kemper. Profile is tweaked a bit but once you store it you're good to go.