Ken Bebensee

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lordigg33, Mar 13, 2001.

1. lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Does anyone out there have one of his basses? i am thinking of getting a six string baroquemodel bass and was wondering if anyone knows anyhting about his stuff. like what kind of sound does it get and so forth. thanks alot.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    This was my KB Conqueror 6-string. It was the best built bass I ever owned (and I own a Pedulla). You can really feel that KB's instruments have a level of attention that make your standard assembly line instruments feel like toys. I ended up giving it away because It wasn't the right time for me to get into 6-string basses, plus it didn't sound quite right at the time. Plus, it is not exactly the kind of instrument you want to take to a blues jam in a bar on a sunday. It's one of those things you gotta try for yourself.

Will C.:cool:
  3. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

I played one a few years ago that was on consignment in a store. It was a four string fretless that had a bit of channeling on the fingerboard.

Man, it was nice! MWAH for days! Alas, I wasn't into playing a fretless at the time, and I decided to think about it for a day. It was gone the next day. :(

When I get around to buying a high-end fretless, I will certainly be considering a KB.

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i live here in san luis obispo where he's located and i definitely think theyre just as good of instruments as a fodera but for a lot less. built amazingly well and theyre all original designs. what you see on his site are designs that buyers have helped come up with for their own custom instruments. i know i'll have one made for myself one day, once i stop buying old fender jazzes. if you havent already, go to his site and check out the 6 string made for ernesto gonzales. the thing is amazing.
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  6. I've always wanted one of the fretless 4s that is in his brochure thing...It was called the zeus or something. I'd say that they have to be some of the best looking basses I've ever seen...Sadly, I've never had the chance to play one. I'm curious about the bridges on some of the models. Are they unadjustable? It looks like he uses a couple different bridges anyhow.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Hey, Binary Boy. Yes. That's my former bass, two owners ago. I saw them trying to sell it a few months ago on eBay. The bids didn't go over $800.

It's bizarre that such a good instrument would be such a hard sell. I shoud know. I tried it myself.

Will C.:cool: