Ken Lawrence web site.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fivestringdan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Now that's a long time coming. I guess ken probably hasn't really needed a site.

He's the only guy out there I can see building my dream bass. There are a handfull of other builders who's instruments look great but I havn't played. I've played a couple of Ken's basses. I've not played a bass that plays better. I also think that the Chamberbrase is the classiest looking bass there is.
  3. jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    to quote the alleged website "coming soon" - I will be sending you a bill for the last 20 seconds of my time.

4. Huh? :confused:

I know a lot of people have been waiting for ages for a KL website. He's one of the most respected builders out there who doesn't have one - I can't wait to check out all the eye candy once it's done. I know my KL is a friend for life :D
  5. I was hoping to see the Intro proclaim: "Home of the Squidstock!". His basses are truly works of art. I can't wait for the full-blown site.
  6. One of my faves:

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'd really like to try that one. It's Ken's own bass and it has a 33" scale length. I want a fanned fret (34.5-33" scale) 6 string Chamberbrase myself.
  8. Aside from Jean's 11 - I don't think I've seen any fanned frets from Ken :eyebrow:
  9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nope. I was wondering if Ken would do it but after I saw Jean's it answered my question. :D
  10. I think Jean's bass proves that Ken can do ANYTHING :D

Provided you're patient enough to wait over a year for it :bawl:
  11. I believe it'll be real close to two years for Jean.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    All I know is that his Associates are damn fine looking basses.
  13. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

It broke my heart when I sold my second Brase. Someday I'll have a Chamberbass. In the meantime I still have the one with a gloss finish:

Not mine, but I'd like one like it!

Seriously, Ken is one heck of a nice guy AND builds some of the best basses on the planet. The stuff he builds for people is just perfect!

Dan K.
  14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is the one that you sold the one on the BassAlone website for sale?
  15. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    I played it at NAMM last year and it's everything you would imagine it to be. It was my favorite bass there bar none (followed closely by his redburst fretless and Scott Pazera's Nord NX-7).
  16. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey Andy...this one is from Bassalone :hyper:
  17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm REALLY glad that I don't like that pickguard thing on there. Otherwise I'd be selling my car..... :rollno:
  18. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    im not into pickguards either ...but that is the finest most intuitive beautiful pg ive seen
  19. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yup, that redburst fretless is just beautiful.

How was the B string on the 33" scale 5er?
  20. It's actually tuned to EADGC I believe