1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ken Smith 2015 Vintage Black Tiger 6 string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bongostealth, Nov 28, 2017.

1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Price:
    $4000
    Strings:
    For sale is a FANTASTIC 2015 Ken Smith Vintage Black Tiger 6 string bass.

$4000 shipped and insured. PayPal only.

This is a BEAST of a bass and plays like a pure dream! The bass has Ken Smith's autograph on the back of the headstock. It has been kept in a smoke-free home and only gigged one time at church for two hours. It has stayed in its case the rest of the time. I'm only selling it because she does not get the playing time she deserves. Also, because I prefer 35" basses and this one is a 34" scale bass. Otherwise, it would be with me until the day I died. Yeah, it's that good! The tone is out of this world. The preamp on this bass is the more recent preamp with the adjustable internal dip switches.

Pickups: Exposed-pole Ken Smith dual-coil humbuckers (passive)
    Preamp: Ken Smith 18v Haz-Lab preamp with adjustable internal dip switches and series/parallel switches for each pickup

Control layout: push/pull volume for active/passive selection, blend, bass, mids, treble, neck pickup series/parallel switch, bridge pickup series/parallel switch

The bass is in like-new condition other than a nick on the top side of the body (please see the picture). Other than that, the bass works beautifully, the neck is straight, the frets have virtually no wear, and the action is unbelievable easy! The truss rod works great in both directions. Just tune and play. The bass is strung with Ken Smith strings and ships in a Protec semi-hardshell case along with Ken Smith polish, a polishing cloth, Dunlop strap locks, and a virtually new set of DR Sunbeam strings. Bass will ship fully insured.

It has been a dream-come-true to own and play this bass but it's time to pass it along to someone who will actually play it. Treat yourself this Christmas to this dream of a bass. You will not find another like it at this price.

ks6. ks. ks2. ks3. ks4. ks5. ks7. ks8. ks9. ks10. ks11. IMAG2017.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. kerrycares

kerrycares Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    it looks like there are holes in the back of the headstock and a signiture ?

3. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Holes? No. There are no holes in the back of the headstock or anywhere else on the bass. The signature is Ken Smith's signature.

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  4. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Beautiful bass! Always wanted a Smith. Wish my Elrick was something you were interested in! I'd trade that.

bongostealth likes this.
  5. D Edge

D Edge

May 5, 2015
    ATL
    Man, I hate I missed this. Do you know anyone selling one like this or even a BT5?