Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ken Smith basses discussion group?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by knight, Aug 5, 2004.

1. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is a KSB group on the web? and if not, would people be interested in starting one up?

Cheers,

knight

PS thanks Zulufunk for suggesting I move the thread here from Misc.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Might want to check Yahoo Groups.. Might be one there.

3. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Thanks Mark, but I searched and couldn't find one. Quite surprising really.

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Actually, I didn't mean to suggest you move this thread here. I recommended you start your own discussions ref. Ken Smith basses here.

Ken is a member and drops in frequently. Besides, if you did a search you'd find a ton of Ken Smith threads and posts.

While we're at it, what is it you're interested in discussing?

5. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Well, I cannot seem to make myself clear. I know there are several threads on KSB. I also do know that Mr. Smith participates to these boards. What I was getting at was something else.

Let me put it this way. I have a brand X bass, a brand Y bass, and a Ken Smith. There are internet clubs for brand X and Y. In these clubs one discusses the brand's basses exclusively.

There is no such club for Ken Smith. Would people be interested in starting one?

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    There is a discussion page at Yahoo Groups. There are 23 members at this time and nobody has ever posted. I posted some pics probably a year or so ago but that has been the only entry. Maybe Smith owners are too busy playing their basses and haven't the time to talk about them ;)

7. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I think it would be a great idea to start one if you can.I'm more than sure that you will get some great dialougue on from some Ken Smith owners.

8. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Good point Peter. I went and checked again, and there it was. I wonder why I didn't find it the first time.

Hands5 and anyone else interested; I'm currently travelling around. I'll settle down in mid-September. at that point, I'll try to revitalize the Yahoo group. Might be worth building on that one since it is already there. the address is http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/kensmith

Take care,

knight