Ken Smith Black Tiger basses are the SHIZNA!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Man I had a chance to play a Black Tiger 5 a little while ago. It is without a doubt the nicest, best sounding, best playing bass I have ever touched or seen. It is like it was made just for me. I just do not have the money to get it. I tried to get them to trade my R bass 5 and a 75 Jazz for it and they would not do it? :crying:
  2. Well if you want it badly enough you could always just....sell your soul? :p No I really love Ken's stuff...I played a fiver at Rudy's in NYC and I fell in love with it immediately, they have the coolest tone and they play beautifully...I think his basses have this elegance to them, they're extravagant but not gaudy, and they also have my favorite headstock design. That design on the back of the headstock (that like carving) show's ken's attention to detail...I reallly looove his work
  3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I just traded my MTD 535 for a BSR neckthrough 5 for all of those same reasons. Elegant appearance, exceptional tone, and the most playable 5 I've ever layed hands on. It would have to be to make me let go of one of Mike's :bassist:
  4. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm on board, I love Ken's basses. I played that 5 string at Rudy's in August and I wanted it. I have a BSR5MW and I love it but the neck through is sweeeeet!!!!
  5. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    That is the same Black Tiger 5 at Rudy's that I am talking about too!! Its a small world! :)
  6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I agree. I had 2 20th Anniversary Smiths - a 4 and a 5. They were pretty sweet. Kinda wish I still had the 5. Quilt maple, gold hardware, etc.
  7. jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    I gotta chime in. I LOOOOOOVE my BSR-4MW.

Nothing feels better.
  8. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a BSR 6 thinking about the BSR-J... GREAT Basses... Unmistakeable tone and beautiful woods...
  9. i'd give a foot to even lay hands on one of Kens Basses. Sadly we don't ever get that stuff up here.
  10. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I'm in the the process of aquiring a BSR6-MW I know it is not his top of the line but it is a helluva long way from "chop liver" and also I didn't want to go the $3000.00 & up route anymore(been there,done that too many times)but I did want a real nice 6 and this would more than suite my needs.The Black Tiger series are in a class of there own they are no doubt amazing instruments,and IMO they are the easiest basses to play,hell come to think of it,all of Ken's basses are easy to play.