Ken Smith BSR 6MW, walnut top and back

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by theaterbass29, May 26, 2004.

1. theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    $2200 OBO
    2002 Ken Smith BSR 6MW bolt on 6 string bass. Walnut top and back wings with tiger maple core and maple center block. Morado board, 24 fret, 34 inch scale. Its a Smith, what else can you say. Just back from Kens shop where it was detailed and setup low with fresh Ken Smith stainless strings. Oil has worn above the neck pickup where your thumb rests, typical of any oil finished bass, adds charachter, but can be concealed with a fresh coat of Ken Smith wax polish. Also, some minor fingernail scratching under the C string from slapping, again, can be covered with polish. When freshly polished, bass looks brand new. No fret wear, no pickup wear, excellent action. Comes as new with Ken Smith black hardshell case, Ken Smith wax polish, and paperwork. No trades unless you have a late model BSR 5 MW with Tiger Maple top and back, walnut core in excellent/mint condition. Buyer must pay with PayPal or prepay with USPS money orders. I will cover shipping in the U.S. No overseas sales, period. And please dont waste my time with client owes me money, so you will pay me 3 times my asking price with a certified bank check and me mail you the rest garbage. Just simple paypal or USPS money orders, ONLY! Email for pics at
  2. bass4him1

Sep 28, 2004
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Is this still available??
  3. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Bought by me in July. Wear marks described were pretty much invisible. Sweet sweet bass with a great character to it's voice. Sorry. However, a fretless version would induce me to part with her.