Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ken Smith BSR5P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Moo, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Hi, I've got a fretted Smith BSR5P from 1999 but I'd prefer something else so it's time to sell it.

It's the 9 volt pre, graphite reinforced neck bolt on model. Here's a bunch of large pics.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v484/alphonsopuppetshow/KenSmithBSR5P/

A brand spanking new one has a "street price" of $3400
    http://www.kensmithbasses.com/PriceandOptionsList.htm

I got this in trade last year from a store that had it listed at $1995 and I'll let it go for $1850 + shipping. It does have the hard shell case in good condition but I forgot to take pics of that. I can if needed.

It has been played and it does show some wear, I think the pictures should give a good idea of just how much. It plays fine and sounds just like a Smith does. Nothing broken but a handful of scratches and little nicks.

Standard smith specs. 34 inch scale, 18mm bridge spacing. Light for a Smith but that's more around average for all basses. I don't have a scale but it's not light but it's not a tank either. Body wings are walnut with maple faces.

Feel free to post questions.

I may be open to trades ONLY for fretted 5's with 24 frets, 34 inch or less scale and 17-18mm bridge spacing.

2. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    PM replied to, still available.

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

5. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I thought the BSR "P" basses had a 5 piece neck? From your pictures it looks like your bass only has a 3 piece neck like the BSR "M" or "MW" basses.

6. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Opps.. Sorry about that. After a closer look at the Smith website I looks like the 5 piece neck on the BSRP is new.

Either way, bump for a sweet bass.

7. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I thought the same thing, so I emailed Ken. He said:

I guess with the P you can pick different body woods but this one has the same woods that would be on the MW.

8. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Bumpity bump

9. Keef Green

Keef Green Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2001
    Spovegas Washington
    IT director for a music retailer/dealer: Warwick, Yamaha, Ampeg, Gretch, Kala, Marshall, Orange etc..
    PM sent

nice bass...