Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Ken Smith BSR6GN - $2K, with case - SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by boogiebass, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Quilted maple top, ebony fingerboard, brass nut, Smith preamp, gold hardware, etc. I'll even throw in a Smith strap with gold Dunlops installed.

This is 4 or 5 years old but in excellent condition bordering on near mint. It's been played a bit but basically pampered. Comes with the original hardshell Smith case. I've hung onto this bass while many others have come and gone but have recently settled on ultra light instruments due to shoulder problems and find myself using 5's most of the time, anyway. So I'd really like this to end up with someone who'll put it to use--seems a shame for it to just sit in the case and never make a gig or session! :bawl:

The sound is clear and detailed, wonderful slap tone and all the qualities these exceptional neck-through instruments are known for. You don't see these up for sale that often and my price is firm at $2000. I'll only ship to the USA mainland and UPS Ground is included in the selling price. I'll take just about any form of payment including Paypal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BSR6P-Bob

BSR6P-Bob

Apr 5, 2005
    I estimate a sale within 24 hours. This is a steal at this price.
    If I wasn't a bolt-on guy I'd grab her myself.

Tough decision Boogie, shoulder pain not withstanding. :crying:

Bump for the deal of the year. :bassist:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, man. Yeah, I know...I debated this for a long time. But I just can't stand to have it on-hand and never make a gig with it! :bawl:

4. 34" or 35" scale?

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    34" scale.

6. Understand the shoulder thing myself, and this IS a GREAT price - looking for a maple fb myself, but was thinking if it was a 35," then might have to "shoulder" the burden.

Regretfully, I'll pass :crying: - but I'm sure someone will pick this beauty up!

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Not sure I've ever seen a 35 Smith. I think all of Ken's basses are 34.

8. half way there money wise. Just happen to be in the market for a new 6 and loving the smith 4

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Maybe you'll snag a good one when you get all the way there, money-wise! ;)

10. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    pm sent. . .

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    PM's replied to.

12. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Just out of curiosity, what is the core wood, walnut or mahogany?

Looks like it could be either in the pictures, couldn't tell if it was brown or red I was seeing.

Thanks. . .

13. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Aw man, you gotta be kidding me!! There have been a lot of killer basses coming through here at sweet prices... I hope I can catch a deal like this when I'm ready to buy in spring!

14. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Interested in trading for a mint MV5 Sadowsky with vintage tone control? I'll even add $200 to make the street price match up.

15. Beautiful bass...:eek:
    Awesome price!!! A $2K 6 strings Ken Smith neckthru is quite rare on the market.
    I could kill my bankier for this one..;)!

16. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I believe it's mahogany.

17. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

18. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    If I didn't just buy that F Bass and do about 10k of dental work........ Man.... (Plus I never really tried a 6 more of a 5er myself, but man I woulda loved to try playing a 6 by buying this thing.... really wish I could)

19. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Oh. . . no . . . :crying:

If this was walnut..................................................................
    :rollno:

20. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, it's been a while so I'm not actually sure. I'll PM Ken and see if he can tell me. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.