1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ken Smith BSR6P Pro 6 String w/Bubinga Top & Back, Tiger Maple Core

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by benjobass, Jan 1, 2018.

1. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    Down to the last of my old guard. Excellent condition and seeking a new home. My new Fodera gets all the attention. The "P" series are the top-of-the-line bolt-ons from Ken Smith. Plays like a dream with incredibly low action. Warm and articulate as you'd expect from one of Ken's basses. I've loved and used it for many years. Full specs...

2004 Ken Smith BSR6P Pro w/Bubinga Upgrade - Excellent Condition

BODYWINGS
    : (3-Piece Laminated) Bookmatched Bubinga Top & Back
    CORE: Tiger Maple
    NECK: 5-Piece Laminated Aged Hardrock Maple/Morado Bolt-on with Graphite Inlaid Bars. Precision Handcarved and Fit to Exacting Specifications.
    FINGERBOARD: Morado with Mother of Pearl Side Dots
    FINISH: Classic Hand Rubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari Gold Oil ("Ken's Secret Sauce")
    HARDWARE: Gold Smith Hardware & Dunlop "Dual Design" Straploks
    ELECTRONICS: Smith B.M.T. 3 Band Eq 18-Volt Circuit with DIP Switches & Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups
    WEIGHT: 11 lbs
    STRING SPACING: 18mm
    STREET PRICE: $4595 + upgrades

ASKING PRICE
    : $2,500 insured/shipped to lower 48 CONUS ONLY

Come with original case, strap, oil, etc. I upgraded the knobs to metal ones and can include them if you're interested. The original plastic ones are in a bag in the case (see pic). Excellent overall condition w/just a couple of small surface dings that didn't really capture in photos - it's hard to see them but the "biggest" is just below the bottom>right most knob. Nothing major at all as you'll see.

Pics
    Ken Smith BSR6P - 1. Ken Smith BSR6P - 2. Ken Smith BSR6P - 3. Ken Smith BSR6P - 4. Ken Smith BSR6P - 5. Ken Smith BSR6P - 6. Ken Smith BSR6P - 7. Ken Smith BSR6P - 8. Ken Smith BSR6P - 9. Ken Smith BSR6P - 10. Ken Smith BSR6P - 11. Ken Smith BSR6P - 12. Ken Smith BSR6P - 13. Ken Smith BSR6P - 14. Ken Smith BSR6P - 15. Ken Smith BSR6P - 16.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Killer bass from a great TB fella!!!! GLWTS!!!

benjobass likes this.
  3. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Cheers man! Hope you're well and off to a great new year.

4. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Wow that was fast. Thanks for stopping by everyone!

5. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Holy crap! I don’t know HOW I missed this. Dammit!

6. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Yeah, it surprised even me how much interest it got and how quickly it sold. :)

DaymonJ11 likes this.