1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Ken Smith BT6 - 1987 - Maple/Mahagony - VINTAGE 6 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gangsterska, Aug 26, 2017.

1. gangsterska

gangsterska

Feb 12, 2007
    Montreal
    Price:
    Strings:
    Welcome! This is a rare Ken Smith BT6 from 1987, a beast of a bass that I used for years on recordings mostly. Please take my word for it, this bass sounds AMAZING; tight, even, punchy, sustain for weeks, etc... It's a true specimen of Mr Smiths abilities as one of the best bass makers of all time. Rare Snowflake inlays, Three stack knobs and intricate wood combinations make this one part of a small batch of basses Ken made in the 80's that are very saught after and renown for their sound and simplicity.

Please note that I played this bass .. so there is wear at the front pick up (where my thumb rests) and the side (where my arm rested) and some dings here and there .. those were actually made by me and not some stranger! The rest of the bass is in perfect playing condition. For the very interested , I can send a recording of this bass to show you its full capabilities.

The reason for selling this beast is that my 6 string days are over, I'm playing mostly upright now and very vintage oriented basses for the projects that I'm in. I've been relunctant to sell this bass for years now because I love it so much, but, I have to face the fact that it needs to be played by someone WAY more then I'm playing it, it needs a new home, and it needs to be in the hands of someone who really really wants it. Contact me for any questions and thanks!

Comes with Original Lock Strap and Non-Original Hard Shell Case.
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg FullSizeRender (6).jpg FullSizeRender (7).jpg FullSizeRender (8).jpg FullSizeRender (9).jpg FullSizeRender (10).jpg FullSizeRender (11).jpg FullSizeRender (12).jpg FullSizeRender (13).jpg

Brutus74, elijosue777, Edgar and 2 others like this.
  2. dslapster64

dslapster64

Feb 5, 2009
    Is this still available ?

3. elijosue777

elijosue777

Mar 5, 2018
    Still Available ?