1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ken Smith BT6G Flamed Maple Top/Walnut core

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fixitinpost, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    This 1997 Ken Smith BT6G is in excellent condition, with only a couple very small dings near the input jack that I was unable to photograph. It looks and plays great, with that unmistakeable Smith tone for days. I'm the second owner (well, technically the 3rd, but more on that in a second).

The story on this bass as I understand it is that it was purchased new in '97 by the original owner, who for some reason did not play it. It was stored until 2006, when the original owner put it up for sale on ebay. I bid on it, and was outbid at the last second, only to have the guy who outbid me (the second owner, a Smith endorser) offer to sell it at a couple hundred dollars higher the next day. It was still a very good deal, so I bought it. It still had the original Smith strings on it, which were like new. It was obvious that this bass had not been played at all before I got it. I've owned it since '06 and have played it a fair amount over the years, but it is still in excellent condition. I love this bass, but try as I might, I have finally come to the realization that I'm just not a 6-string guy.

String spacing is the standard 18mm, weight is 10.5 on the bathroom scale. This one has the 9v preamp. Includes teardrop-shaped OHSC.

Price is $3300 CONUS. The ONLY trade I would be interested in would be a 5-string Smith (neck-through only). Other than that, cash only please. Thanks for looking, and please PM me with any questions.

BT6G_1.jpg
    BT6G_2.jpg
    BT6G_3.jpg
    BT6G_4.jpg
    BT6G_5.jpg

2. Fixitinpost

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Friday bump...

3. JJGSON

JJGSON

Jan 19, 2013
    Atlanta
    Sent PM…

4. BassSick

BassSick

May 5, 2011
    Is it still available? I am very serious about purchasing this bass today. I am ready to pay now. Do you accept paypal?

5. Fixitinpost

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    SOLD for asking price. Thread closed.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.